5/5/09

Why Diet's Don't Work

Forget about going on a diet. In my opinion they don't work, especially long term. In my opinion, most diets are administered like forms of punishment. I would personally rather undergo some form of medieval torture than go on some of the diets I've seen floating around the internet lately. And how many people do you know that put the weight back on once they've jumped shipped from that particular diet? I bet very few people keep that weight off long term. What good is it to lose 10lbs over a four week "I am so hungry I'd eat chopped liver" diet, when you put that 1olbs back on? You're right back to where you started, ready to torture yourself again. Diets aren't fun and neither is hanging out with a person who is on one.

I think a more effective means of eating for weight loss or fat loss, is to think more about nutrition than thinking about dieting. Rather than thinking of taking away food as almost a form of punishment, think of what foods you can eat to help with weight loss. Think about correcting your nutritional habits instead of just taking things away. Stop thinking about counting calories and just think about eating good, whole foods. Think nutrition. Think long term.

No comments: