6/4/09

Random Thoughts....

  • David Ortiz had one home run before Memorial Day. Is it possible that he'll hit his second one by July 4th? It's so sad to watch his demise right before our eyes. I'll never forget what he did for us over the last 5 years or so, but I can not put up with him going 0-5 with three strikeouts. I wish I could say he's going to turn it around, but he's given no indication that he's about to do so. Bye, bye David.
  • There's no secret to the programming of my clients who are successful with fat or weight loss. They meet with me consistently. They work hard every time they meet with me. They're always going to do mainly compound movements when they're with me. And they get control of their nutrition. No magic exercises. No magic programs.
  • I spent one hour today doing some foam roller work, static stretching and a bunch of upper and lower body mobility work. It wasn't easy. I found myself tired afterwards because I made every rep count. Just because it was a regeneration session, it didn't mean I should just space out. This type of work is no less important than any other work you do at the gym.
  • Every time I hear about lifting heavy weights getting you bulky, I want to poke my eyeballs out. And I'm not just hearing this from the ladies. I'm hearing this from guys my age, in their thirties. Instead they'd rather have toothpick arms and bellies that hang over their belts. Once again, you're not going to get big and bulky from lifting heavy weights. You're going to get big and bulky if you continue to go thru the drive thru window on a daily basis, then go lift heavy weights. Bulk is more about your nutrition than it is about your training. In order to attain any sort of leaness, at some time within your program you're going to have to lift heavy.
  • Can someone explain to me the fascination with John & Kate plus Eight or whatever that brood is called? Are they that exciting? I was staying at the house next door to them down in the Carolina's this past weekend and not once did I see them leave that house. Wow, how exciting. If the camera crews wanted to get some good footage, they should have come over to our house where they would have seen grown men trying to figure out how to skim board after drinking some Miller Lites for half the day.
  • There's still hope. If you haven't hit your desired weight or body fat percentage by the spring, there's still summer to shoot for. So go get to work.

No comments: