7/22/09

A Jungle Gym, Val Slides and a Super Band

If my workouts were mainly done at home there are three pieces of equipment I'd purchase: a Jungle Gym, Val Slides and a Superband. Even if I was getting most of my workouts done at the gym, I'd still purchase these three pieces of equipment. There's no harm in taking them to the gym with you since they are pretty portable. Plus there may be a day where you can not get to the gym and you want to squeeze out a workout at home. Bring these three pieces out and you can really get in a good workout. Personally, I take these three with me to every in-home client I see. The reason I like these three pieces is because of the versatility of each piece. The number of exercises you could do with each one is unlimited. And you could even even combine a couple of the pieces for one exercise. Here are some example exercises:
There's 9 exercises right there. Set up these 9 exercises in a circuit fashion and I'd bet it's harder than any machine based circuit workout you'd get ant any gym. That and I do not think most people understand how hard body weight training can really be.

Another great thing is the cost. The total cost of these 3 pieces is a bit over $100. Compare that to the BowFlex or any other type of home gym system and you're saving yourself hundreds of dollars.

No comments: