10/1/13

Exercise of the Week: Lateral Bound w/Rebound

Before we take a look at this week's exercise of the week let's get one thing out of the way.  I'm getting old.  I'm getting slow.  I'm getting less powerful.  So if you're looking for me to jump across or out of the room in the following video it's not going to happen.  And since I am getting old and slow I make sure to keep up with my power training whether it be medicine ball throws, plyometrics, kettlebell swings or dynamic exercises such as deadlifts or bench presses for speed.

Onto the lateral bound with rebound.  This exercise is part of a lower body lateral plyometric progression.  A typical progression may look like:
  1. Lateral and medial hops to a box
  2. Lateral and medial low hurdle hops 
  3. Lateral Bounds with a stick (meaning sticking the landing)
  4. Lateral Bounds with a rebound 
  5. Lateral Bounds with a rebound to a 10yd sprint
Here's the lateral bound with a rebound.



No comments: