4/18/08

"One Stop Shop"

Earlier in the week, I was performing another one of my dreadful full-body workouts. It's not so dreadful because of the difficulty or the intensity, but dreadful because I hate full-body workouts. But I feel I get the most benefit out of these full-body workouts because I hate spending a lot of time in the gym. So, I'll usually choose 4-6 compound movements, maybe an accessory movement and try to get it all done in 60 minutes or so. Anyways here was my workout:

A)Barbell Squats
B1)Barbell Floor Press
B2)Inverted Rows w/Jungle Gym & X-Vest
C) Barbell Russian Twist

Nothing to crazy. Pretty Basic. But someone made the comment to me, "Wow. You have a one stop shop there", because I I spent the entire workout in only power rack. He was almost surprised that I didn't leave the power rack the whole time. Surprised that I didn't use any machines. Surprised that I wasn't doing split squats in the Smith machine, changing the angle of my lead foot every set (that's a another post for another day).

Where am I going with this? You don't need a whole lot or anything fancy to get a productive workout in. All the answers to your workout dilemma's are found right in that small corner of the room away from everyone else. Check out my article The Power of the Barbell and you'll see what I mean.

No comments: