2/21/10

RichRuff Training Exercise of the Week: Uni-Lateral Kettlebell Complex

Over the last six weeks I've been playing around with some different complexes or conditioning routines in the hopes of bringing up my own conditioning level. They'd also be pretty effective for fat loss, if I didn't enjoy some late night pizza and a couple of Guinness's on the weekend.

As I've said, I've been employing these routines at the end of a workout. Or on days where I may be pressed for time, I'll use one of these routines to get a quick, yet effective workout in. They also break up the monotony of just lifting or plodding away on the treadmill.

Last week, it was a body weight routine I ran through where exercises were done for time. Here is a uni-lateral kettlebell routine that can be done for reps or time. Here I choose to use reps. Ten reps of each exercise on one side and immediately going to the other side for the same three exercises. Once that side is complete, rest for two minutes and repeat for another 2-4 rounds. From week to week, progression is going to me made by one of three ways: 1)adding a rep per exercise 2)adding a round 3)shortening the rest period between rounds










>

No comments: