9/23/08

A Bit of Cinnamon

Adding a bit of cinnamon into your daily nutritional intake can do wonders for your health. Besides adding a pleasant taste to what ever you add it to, cinnamon can help with insulin sensitivity, glucose metabolism and lowering your LDL cholesterol. It's the perfect alternative to artificial sweeteners, such as Equal or Splenda, that have been linked to numerous health problems. Personally, I can not stand the taste of plain oatmeal or yogurt. Or sometimes I want to add a bit more taste to my protein shakes. In the past I would have used Splenda. But lately , I've been adding cinnamon instead. And I think cinnamon tea might be next as I work to cut back on my coffee consumption.

Aim for about 1/2 tablespoon to a tablespoon per day. Just this small amount can go a long way towards improving your overall health. And, no, cinnamon buns do not count.

No comments: