9/11/08

Random Thoughts....

  • I hate the Jets. I hate them even more this year with Brett Favre at the helm.
  • Why do I see people performing squats on a BOSU Ball when they can not even execute a squat proprely on stable ground? Seems backwards to me.
  • I think people still believe they can out exercise a crappy diet. If your stuffing your face with cakes and white breads, all the exercise in the world isn't going to help you with weight or fat loss. Sorry, it's the truth.
  • No one cares, but I knocked out 16 pull ups for the for a new personal record. This is something you should be trying to do every time you workout. Not 16 pull ups, but setting a new PR. It can be one more rep at a given weight. Or it can be an additional 5lbs from the last workout. Or it can be completing your sprints with faster times. Go set a PR!!
  • Why in the world would you join a gym just to do aerobic work? But I see the same people on the same pieces of cardio equipment all the time and that's all they do. Seems like a waste to me.
  • Dumbbell concentrations curls might be the worst exercise I've ever done or I see being done. One, you're in a seated position. Two, you're hunched over in a seated position. How is this any different than sitting slouched over at the computer? If you really want to work the biceps and get some bang for your buck, go work on some chin or pull ups.
  • Did I mention I hate the Jets?

No comments: