11/17/08

RichRuff Training Exercise of the Week: Squat Jump, Squat, Squat Hold Finisher

The is a series of squat based movements that I've borrowed from fat loss expert, Alwyn Cosgrove. I'll use this series as a metabolic finisher at the end of a workout with clients from time to time. In fact, I used this series today with a client. I think she's going to be cursing me tomorrow. So what is it?
  1. 20 seconds of squat jumps , done rapidly
  2. 20 seconds of squats, done rapidly
  3. 20 second squat hold, hold the bottom position of a squat
Transistion from the squat jumps to the squats to the squat holds with no rest in between. After the squat holds, rest for one minute. Repeat the sequence 3-4 times. In order make this series increasingly difficult, cut the rest period down 10-15 seconds each week until you can get to the point where you can repeat the sequence 3-4 times without any rest period.




No comments: