11/4/08

What's On My List?

The question comes up all the time when I'm talking to clients about nutrition, "Well, what do you eat?". So, I thought I'd give you a little insight to what I do eat. Let me start by saying that I don't eat exactly like I should. I don't get 3-5 servings of fruits or vegetables per day. I don't drink enough water. I probably do not have enough variety in my diet, with my breakfast of oatmeal and a couple scoops of peanut butter for the last 3-4 years and least five mornings out of the week being evidence. But I think I do alright. So here's what you've all been waiting for, my list of what I got from my trip to the grocery store this past Sunday:
  • 2 green peppers
  • Strawberries, 16 oz.
  • Salad, pre-mixed
  • Watermelon chunks
  • Chicken Sausage
  • 6 boneless chicken breasts
  • Turkey burger patties
  • Boneless top loin steak
  • Swiss Miss diet cocoa mix (this is a first, but it has only 25 calories per pouch)
  • Grill Mate marinades
  • Quaker quick oats (whole rolled oats, not that flavored junk)
  • Almonds (used to love cashews until I realized how calorically dense they are)
  • Frozen blueberries
  • Frozen broccoli
  • Frosty Paws (yeah it's ice cram, but it's ice cream for my dog)
  • 1 pound of American cheese
  • Fage plain Greek yogurt (again, not flavored....plain)
  • Egg whites
  • Dozen cage free eggs
  • Teddy smooth natural peanut butter (I live off this stuff)
Boring. I know. But it's all I feel I need, until Wednesday when my refrigerator is empty again. I don't need cookies, chips and breads. And neither do you!!

No comments: