8/30/07

RichRuff Training Exercise of the Week: Chin up

I'm probably boring you with this Exercise of the Week. Well, too bad. If I saw more people doing chin-ups or working on their chin-ups, I wouldn't need to include this exercise. I ranted about this a couple of weeks ago. Then it happened again. Before I rant again, let me say that the lat pulldown machine has a purpose. It's for those who can be classified as beginners. Beyond that group, I do not know who else should be using that machine.
The other day I overheard a guy talking about how much weight he uses on the lat pulldown machine. Being the non-confrontational guy that I am, I didn't have the guts to ask him how many chin-ups he could do. I do not want to hear how strong you are, unless you can prove to me you can do chin-ups or even one chin-up. I do not want to hear about your arm training if chin-ups are not part of your overall training program. I do not want to hear about how weak your grip is, if chin-ups are not part of your program. And I especially do not want to hear about how many lat pulldowns you can do if you claim to have been training for years. But what I do want to hear is someone say, "Hey Rich, I want to be able to a chin-up". I'd be more than happy to help. May be even for free!!
I was hoping that I wouldn't have to include a picture for this exercise of the week. But since I see this exercise being performed so infrequently, I figured I ought to.

"Come on Rich, 1 more to 100"

No comments: