12/30/08

Acai Berry Hype

I'm sure a lot of you of heard of the new super food, acai berry. How could you not have heard of it? Oprah was raving about it on one of her shows a couple months back and since then the magical powers of acai berry have been touted every where. Wait, you mean you don't watgh Oprah. Doesn't everyone watch Oprah? Anyways, I had clients asking me about it. I had my mom asking me about. I had a friend asking me if he should sell it as some type of pyramid marketing scheme. I knew the hype was too good to be true. So I did a bit of reading and found just that. Yes, acai is everything that it claims to be. But what most people are not getting is acai berry in it's true form. What they're getting is basically a watered down processed form of it. And they're paying a good buck for it. Take a look at this article and read Dr. Mercola's comments at the bottom of the article and you'll get an idea of what I'm talking about.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/12/30/is-the-superfood-acai-worth-the-price.aspx

Don't believe the hype. And definitely don't fall under the magical whim of Oprah.

No comments: