12/16/08

Getting Hurt Staring At Your Computer

I'm certainly not one to read the Wall Street Journal. I'd rather brush up on my knowledge of what's going on with A-Rod and Madonna in the latest issue of People magazine. But this morning as I was waiting for a client and skimming through the wall Street Journal, an article caught my eye:

When Your Laptop Is a Big Pain In the Neck

Funny thing is if you're currently reading this blog post, you're probably sitting in front of your computer. But take a look at how you're set up right now. Where's your keyboard and mouse pad? At what height is your screen? How are you sitting in your chair? Now, how long have you been in that chair? If you don't think about these things, you're just setting yourself up for problems down the road. Most of that back or neck pain you're suffering from is an accumulation of daily stresses, not just one isolated incident.

No comments: