3/4/08

Question to RichRuff Training




Help me!! If I add strength training to my cardio will I lose weight or not? Because I was told that it will get tone up the fat I already have. Also what's the best way to lose 70 pounds by June 26, my 23rd birthday? Plus I'm a female, so I don't want muscle. I want to lose weight.

Erika

Hi Erika. A couple of things:
1)Losing weight will depend on your diet plus your cardio and strength program. If you're strength program is set up right, yes, you can lose weight.
2)You can not tone fat. You can create muscular tone.
3)Diet is going to be the critical factor in losing 70lbs. Exercise is going to be the critical factor in keeping that weight off.
4)Who cares if you're female? You do not want muscle? Do you want fat instead?

So to sum it up, my advice is:
  1. Get on a well designed strength program that emphasizes moderate rep ranges and short rest intervals.
  2. Part of your cardio work should include some high intensity interval training
  3. Get your nutrition in check. Focus on whole foods, increased protein intake, lower carb intake and frequent meals or feedings.
  4. Work hard and work often. It doesn't matter what program you're on if you're not going to put the time and effort into it.
Good luck.

No comments: